Sunday, November 27, 2016

My First Christmas Stocking

I have been meaning to make stocking for the
my family for the last couple years.
I was unable to find the
perfect stocking pattern.
I wanted them to be traditional looking
with a sweet cuff,
so I merged several ideas
into one stocking.


This is my first one that I have finished.
The fabric is Evergreen with a touch of 25th and Pine
by Basic Grey for Moda. 
The cuff and lining is  Kona Khaki.
I used 5 strips of Evergreen
from a jelly roll to make one stocking.


I used Aurifil 50 wt. thread to quilt the stocking body
and Aurifil 12 wt. in red to add decorative
straight stitching around the cuff.
For the batting, I used
Thermoweb's Stitch N Sew Fleece.
It has just the right amount of loft for the stocking.



I am personalizing all of our stockings
So no wondering on Christmas day,
whose stocking it belong to.


I also made coordinating buttons,
I just love the finished look
of it and can't wait to
finish more of them.


I love the old time feel to this stocking.

If you haven't already grabbed your
Reindeer Games pattern,
you have a couple more days that it is free. 
You can find it here.

If you decide to make your own stocking
be sure to link it up to
 Nancy Zieman's  Christmas Stocking Sewing Challenge!






Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Cute, cute stockings! I need to add stocking making to my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stocking turned out beautiful!!

    I made stockings for our family years ago but that was before I started quilting. I've been thinking that it might be time for an update. Maybe a project for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stockings are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stockings and I reckon they were well worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the finish look of the covered buttons. Going to try this. And thank you for the sweet Mini, I considered it a Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stocking. Those buttons are such a neat embellishment.

    ReplyDelete