Monday, March 2, 2015

My Lacy Pillow and My New Cricut

 So what do you do when
you can't sleep at night?
Well, some people might drink some
warm milk.
Not me, I go ahead and get up
and quilt.
That was me last night.
I whipped up this beauty in
just a couple of hours.
 
 
 
Believe it or not is an applique.
 
 
 
Like a pretty fabric doily.
 
 
Simple and elegant
 
 
 
So, how did I do it?
I played with my new Cricut Explore machine.
It cuts FABRIC!!!
I have all these little
fabric ideas dancing through my
head.
 
 
 
I had a old machine that I have
used years for paper,
but I really couldn't resist this.
 
 
It did a pretty good job
on the two little doilies that
I placed on the corner.
I know that there is no
way that I could have cut that with
scissors.
OHHHHHH, the possibilities.
 
 
So, have any of you tried this machine?
Do you have any questions on how it works?
 
I can't wait to play with it some more. 
 


Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about a die machine that cuts fabric. I was surprised to see you post because I thoght Cricut was only for paper. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me, I meant I have tried using fabric in my Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I still can't get this comment right.... I have tried using fabric in my Circuit. How on earth did you get it to cut fabric? I have tried starch, fusable web, etc and I still can't get it to work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pillow! I still don't quite understand with the Scherrenschnitte technique! You would have to show it to me...:-) We would love to have you join our pilloe swap for seasons! How about it? Just look us up. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I was playing with mine last night too and thought about trying doilies on fabric but thought it really just wouldn't work. I stand corrected. I want to add doilies to a solid color quilt. I may try them out on a pillow first. Yours came out so nice!!! I just got my Cricut Explore for Christmas and haven't had a lot of time to try everything...... Tried cutting on vinyl and it worked great. Thanks for posting this, I will have to give it a whirl tonight!
    Linda@
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was the only one that gets up and quilts!!! This pillow is just as cute as can be!!!

    ReplyDelete