Thursday, January 17, 2013

Homemade Gifts for the Guys

I almost forgot  to show the Christmas gifts that the hubby and I worked on for the fellas in the family.  We had a lot to do, but managed to finish them all December 23.  Yes, cutting it close to the deadline, considering we had to have them completed the 24th.  Nothing like last minute crafting.  The only way I seem to do anything.  Hubby cut and primed four of these signs.........

 He did such a great job.  (Yes, I have to brag on him a bit)
 
I got the detail painting.  They were a huge hit.  All the guys just loved their Shop signs.



Next, I crocheted up one of those bearded hats.  Every time I see someone wear one of these it makes me laugh.  My nephew had to go outside and see if it was warm enough.  He didn't take it off.  It was quite funny.
He reminded me of the Gordan Fisherman.  The beard pattern is from  JJ Crochet Blog .  I didn't follow the directions. (Yes, again) and made the beard so you can just button it to the hat.  Completely adjustable!  The hat is just something I whipped up.

Lastly, my oldest nephew decided to put in a hat request.  I try to do my best.  This year he wanted a hat like Black Frost from the Shin Megami Tensei video series.  I (who lives under the nearest rock) had never heard of such a thing. I hope I am not the only one.  Well, of course, there is no pattern that even comes close to what this purple creature wears.  A challenge is what my nephew had given me.  Well, after several weeks of thinking the perfect way to create this hat, I set to work.  And my finished creation is.....
It was the first time I had made a double tailed hat.  He has already sent in his request for this next Christmas.  So, my guess is that he like this one too.


Next week is of course, busy, busy, busy!  Joining in on the




Stop by Thursday and check out all the Dresden designs.  I can't wait to see what everyone has created.



 
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. That sign is so nice! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas!! Stopping by from Sew Many Ways Find A Friend linky party.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2013/01/fun-fur-boa-scarf.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great presents!!
    Currently teaching myself how to make a dresden plate so I'll be looking forward to seeing how you do.
    Leigh
    http://thesewingdivaandherreluctantmodels.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me parece ideal para los niños, el gorro con su barba es de lo más original.
    Abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Sew Many Ways:) I love your shop sign!! All the guys in my family would be thrilled with such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete